What is the Center for Academic Success?
We are proud to announce that we have opened the Center for Academic Success (CAS). The CAS offers coaching where teachers and peers are available to meet with students who are experiencing challenges at RHS that impact academic performance and persistence. Students can access the Center for Academic Success through the library entrance or through Room 2-2.
The room is equipped with a Chromebook cart, all of our textbook editions, and access to the library's resources.
The library is also open everyday until 4:00 for students to complete homework, find a quiet study area, or utilize the computers and Internet available in the media center.
CAS and Peer Tutoring Schedule
CAS Intervention Schedule
Click for Printable Version.
The following resources are available at Royal High School. Parents are encouraged to utilize these resources if they have any concerns about their student's academic performance.
__ Teacher Support
- Teachers are available before school, during lunch, or after school
- Availability varies per teacher per semester
___ Aeries Student/Parent Portal
- This teachers' grade book program provides access to students' current grades on homework, classwork, quizzes and tests
- Log-on instructions on the website main page or click here
__ Parent/Teacher Communication
Teacher phone numbers and email addresses are accessible at www.rhs.simvalleyusd.org
__ On Campus Tutoring
National Honor Society student volunteers are available:
- During Lunch Monday - Thursday
- See schedule above.
__ Referral to Outside Tutors
- California Lutheran University: contact the appropriate department (i.e. Math, Science)
www.callutheran.edu Click on Directory
- Tutoring services in the surrounding community: contact at your own discretion (i.e. Learning Centers)
__ Agenda Book
- Helpful tool to record assignments, test dates, project due dates, etc.
- Student is responsible for filling out the information on a daily basis
- As requested- teacher and parent initial daily
- Includes school rules and important dates
__ Conference with Parent(s)/Guardian(s), Student, Teacher(s), and Counselor
- Collaboration to determine area(s) of needed support and guidance
- Discussion of resources available for student and parent
- Team determines course of action
- Contact student’s counselor to schedule