What is CAS?
Within the Diploma Programme, CAS provides the main opportunity to develop many of the attributes described in the IB learner profile.
For this reason, the aims of CAS have been written in a form that highlights their connection to the IB learner profile.
The CAS program aims to develop students who are:
- reflective thinkers - they understand their own strengths and limitations, identify goals and devise strategies for personal growth.
- willing to accept new challenges and new roles
- aware of themselves as members of communities with responsibilities towards each other and the environment
- active participants in sustained, collaborative projects
- balanced - they enjoy and find significance in a range of activities involving intellectual, physical, creative and emotional experiences.