In order to graduate from Royal High School, students must:
1. Successfully complete the number of units in each subject area as noted below for a total of 230 units:
40 units English
30 units Mathematics
30 units Science
20 units Physical Education
10 units Fine Arts or Foreign Language
30 units Social Science
5 units Practical Arts
5 units Health
5 units Computer Education*
55 units Electives
2. Complete a one year course or a combination of two courses that meet or exceed the rigor of the state content standards for Algebra I in order to fulfill the Mathematics graduation requirements.
- For each semester course offering which is completed with a “D” or better, five (5) credits of required or elective credits are issued. If a course is repeated to improve a grade, credit will be assigned only to the higher grade.
- All seniors must be enrolled in at least 50 credits during their senior year (at least 5 periods per semester).
- *Students can meet the Computer Education requirement by completing a portfolio if submitted by the portfolio deadline. See your counselor if you need more information on this option.
- THE FINAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MEETING GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS RESTS WITH THE STUDENT AND HIS/HER PARENTS.